Well, today was a nice one for mommy...I went out all by myself and had adult conversation with my aunt and gramie (as much as we talk like adults!) AND bought paint for our home! I was so excited to get this last detail worked out so soon. Most of the rooms in our house were painted before we moved in, but since we came earlier than expected (we seem to do that!), they didn't get to all the rooms, so I got to go out and pick out colors and they are gonna rock! I love what we picked out and while I don't love to do the actual work of painting with all the fumes, I enjoy the look long after the memory of painting has worn off!
Also, tried out a new (to me) place in Elizabethton called City Market which has great, though greasy hamburgers. And then went to a new fav place called the CORNER NEST. ;-) It is an adorable, two story "mini mall" with lots of booths, one of which is the famous "Shabby Cottage" that my aunt Gail has filled with her finds and her work and expertise!
I also bought a beautiful T.V. Armoire that is a distressed black and quite small which is what I was wanting. We are not big tv watchers (me and the kids that is except they would watch more if allowed!) and I want my tv to be hidden so the focus isn't about watching something but talking to someone! And I got a good deal and was able to pay half now and half later with my "allowance"!! Can't wait to pick it up and let my mom off the hook. (I have been bugging her for her extra armoire that she uses in their guest room and was nice to have as a "guest")
Finally, I will post some pictures of things I made or hemmed up last night and yesterday evening. A week ago I found the most adorable rose fabric to use in Hannah's bedroom and have also used it else where. Actually, it isn't in her room yet, because she can live with the window panels the way they are...they are finished enough!! I did make her a headband out of the material and she loves it. Going to go back for more to make some longer window panels in my room! You can see the window when the drapes are closed!!
While I was out of town, Andy found a new spot for us to visit and rock hop and swim! One exit south of Erwin is a place called Chestoa Recreation Area and him and the kids had a great time splashing in the water and deciding we should get tubes to take down the Nolichucky River!! Can't wait to go there myself and enjoy the cool mountain river!
Well, that is all for now, will be getting on later to add the pictures of creative expression!
No comments:
Post a Comment