
Well, after everyone left Monday, the rest of us Frazier's went up the mountain and found a new favorite spot called the Blue Hole Falls!! It was a very steep climb down to a wonderful deep hole of blue, ice-cold water cascading down the mountain and trailing down to areas I didn't feel comfortable taking our kids. However, I helped the get on the rocks a little and feel the water, wishing we had our bathing suits! The trip back up was steeper but well worth the view. This will be a place I can see going to without kids and following the water trail as far as we can go!!

Mommy with the kids walking around on the rocks!!
Since Doug and Lorena won't be able to come back up for Noah's birthday, we celebrated his birthday early. He was so excited to have two parties and was taken to the store to pick out his present from his grandparents. He looked for a plane, but couldn't find one so he got a "gola-copter" (aka, helicopter) which he just loves. And since grandpa wants to buy his first ball glove, he also got a little baseball glove and new clothes from grandma! We figured it would be easier to give him our presents and got him a Handy Manny repair shop tool table (I found it new in the box for $8 and at Walmart it is $72!!!! Couldn't believe my great find!) Hannah got him a basketball toy for the tub and they played with both toys for hours! We enjoyed singing Happy Birthday with Noah singing along and devouring some cupcakes and ice-cream.
Then while Andy had to still work (someone has to bring home the bacon!), Tuesday we went to Wilbur and Watagua Dam and a wonderful picnic beside some very, ice-cold water. This does not compare to anything I have felt before...there was no jumping in the water or rock hopping for this group! As we were watching a momma and baby duck, a group of kayak-ers paddled by us and said 15 minutes in this water leads to hypothermia. So of course, Joni and I tried to outlast the other with our hands in the water; he won. It stung your toes, but felt refreshing when a breeze would pass along. Also, we saw the oddest fog following along the water current and bringing a cool breeze as well. Beautiful does not even begin to describe this area! Later we tried to come back to eat at Bonnie Kate's diner but they were closed. Bummer!!
The next day we enjoyed more of Rock Creek Rec Park with the youth group (as in two of the toddlers, their moms/dad and one of the church grandmas!). Afterwards, I showed Doug and Lorena the infamous Beauty Spot! We made a slow trip up a one lane, unpaved road to the top of a nearby mountain. From there we had a 360 view of Erwin and the Valley Beautiful! Also, we hiked a moment on the Appalachian Trail!! Now I can say I have done the trail!! They had to leave early Thursday morning for their flight home.
No comments:
Post a Comment