
Well, the kitchen cabinets are DONE!! It took all of one day to do the top cabinets. I prepped and painted while the kids were napping and then waited to apply the second coat when they were in bed for the night, after it dried for four hours. Then took another full day yesterday to paint & repaint the bottom and then add the hardware (Andy's job!!). And after two coats of paint and the possible third coat, I decided to distress the wood to help it fit in with the rest of the home. The kitchen needed some character and it was more fun to antique them than to add another coat or two of paint!
So encouraged by my mom & aunt and a comment by local arising artist, "antiquing...brings out character, adds warmth and shows off recessed paneling; also can be used to tie in the new with the old". And I'm an old-fashioned gal and am now in love with my kitchen-to-be!! I can't wait to do this same technique to the trim, windows and door frames and then to finish with the blue paint on the walls. You can see in some of the pictures some blue patches on the wall. Also the first is a picture of the gray color and the second is the first coat of paint





Paint is amazing! I told ya good didn't I! LOL
ReplyDeletexoxo