blog background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Gave Me You




8 years ago today I hit the jackpot and somehow convinced that beautiful woman pictured on the left to marry that goofball pictured on the right. Even then I knew I was getting from God more than I would have dared to ask for in a wife and future mother. Time has only proven to me that Kim is a gift of amazing grace in my life, second only to my salvation in Jesus Christ.

About this time last year, Kim and I were sitting in a restaurant talking about where life had already taken us and dreaming about what was still ahead. There was no way for us to know we were just a couple months from a complete upheaval of jobs, homes, states, and life in general. With all those changes, this year more than any other in our marriage has tested the limits of our commitment to God and each other.

Having now seemingly come out of the storm, all I can say is there isn't another person on the planet that I'd rather journey through life with than Kim. She is the most joyful, encouraging, supporting, loyal, creative, hillarious, sensitive, beautiful, adventurous, worshipful, faithful, thoughtful, and loving person I know. I have seen in her and learned from her so much more about God and what His love looks like than ever would have been possible without her. She is unique in all creation and I feel so blessed that she is my wife!

I've included a link to a song by Dave Barnes called "God Gave Me You." Kim loves this song and the more I hear it the more I love it because I think of her and what a gift she has been in my life.

Kim, thank you for choosing me 8 years ago and every day since to be your husband and father of our kids. Thank you for unselfishly allowing me to lead our family even when I don't fully understand what we are doing and why. I love you! I'm proud of you! I want to be for you the gift from God you have been for me!

Happy 8 Day!

- Andy

1 comment:

  1. That is really lovely Andy. It makes me happy to hear that more than one Fleming girl has made a good wife, mother and friend.

    Love, Christen Fleming Gause.

    ReplyDelete