School Days, school days....dear old golden rule days....
![]() |
| Her Snowflake (from previous blog) |
![]() |
| His Snowflake |
Now don't get used to this....I won't be blogging everyday...or week, especially when baby comes!!! (or maybe I'll do this more often since it will only take an hour or less instead of the typical 3 hours+)
I just wanted to share about some school days: some Reading and Writing and Arithmetic, not to mention Art, music, and more!!
![]() |
| This is the "More!!" |
We celebrated 100 days of school this week: with brownies (what else?) that said "100", a song about 100 days and a few other 100 day things. It's actually been over 100, but we didn't count each and every day in our counting jar!! (Oops...don't tell)
Also, at Noah's school, his teacher was bragging to me about him and numbers...how in class she would say a number and then ask for a number higher or lower. She was intrigued by watching Noah's mind working and then he'd throw out some random, huge number! (Have I mentioned how much we love this teacher?? We have been blessed by her teaching Noah the same way we were last year with Hannah's teacher!!) The day before he was measuring things (yes, with a real measuring tape!!) and would make up some crazy number like 100-million-thousand-kajillion-49-8. I don't know whether he will be a math whiz and find some new, huge number or become an architect like Andy wanted to be when he was in high school. Hannah was also measuring for a little bit, but was singing while doing so!
Now I have to talk about my current little homeschooler...we have been studying "World's Famous Artists" and looking at Picasso for the past 2 weeks (about 2x/week). Today's lesson Hannah was to pick out one of his paintings and copy it, however she wanted...and I was to make sure she knew it wouldn't be exact, which was smart on the author's advice because my little perfectionist might get annoyed bothered upset that it didn't turn out right. She actually ended up picking a picture of his friend whom Picasso painted...not even what he painted!
![]() |
| You can also see what letter we are learning! |
Another thing we did today was creative, uh, drawing/coloring/cutting! I put some paper, crayons, scissors, and stickers in one of her workboxes without directions and this is one of the things she made:
It's a girl who is excited about her first Christmas!! She apparently is old enough to not be a baby, but hasn't had Christmas' before...she is very happy and this is what she would look like according to Hannah:
Another day, I put in the box some things to decorate a Barbie dress, which was a Christmas gift from Papa & Kim Fleming....
I guess that's about all I have to say about my budding artist!!








No comments:
Post a Comment