A few weeks ago we took the kids ice skating.....
And Daddy had to do all the hard work! He took both kids out at the same time, which was pretty tough since they have never ice skated!!!! So they held tight to his hands...or the wall while he took one a little further.
Eventually Hannah would let go of the wall and the safety of Andy!!
It's hard to tell in this next picture, but Hannah did really well and would skate all by herself!!! She built up quite the confidence and, while Andy had Noah, she would skate a few times around the rink, sometimes going the wrong way, but she became quite good!!!
Yes, don't worry, I kept baby Frazier quite safe on the bench!
Noah on the other hand would venture off:
Bold and quite determined...
And a little fast...
And then fall!!
But he loved it!!!
They both loved it and had to realize that this wasn't something we would do every weekend!!! We can't wait until next winter to do this again...unless we find somewhere else to go...especially since I would be able to teach them a few tricks, you know, skating backwards, and, uh, well, without falling. ;-) Then they'll be wanting to teach little brother.
In other "news", I have to admit how much I love workboxes!!! I was really excited about the organizing aspect of using them, but now Hannah gets up and starts her homeschooling before I'm even awake!!! So long as I get the work into the storage cart (look at the previous blog for pictures), it starts our day right. This morning I didn't get anything ready until well after 9:30, which she asked about...otherwise when she gets up around or before 8, she'll start it on her own! And then the rest of the day goes much smoother. And I make sure to add lots of fun learning, so don't
think I'm pushing this girl to be a total nerd,














Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1♥♥♥
ReplyDelete