blog background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Valley Beautiful....an aptly named Beauty Spot


  This past weekend, after Noah's soccer bummer (only three kids came to practice and play a non-existent game!), we headed up to the Beauty Spot. Andy and the kids had not seen it and we all wanted to see the new fall colors displayed in a panoramic view.   

So we packed a picnic and took off....

 
 
After a quick meal, the kids and I took off 
down one side of the trail
...while Andy took a hundred pictures (almost!).
 While the men were playing catch....

Hannah and I took off to hike the Appalachian trail towards North Carolina.

 

 Then we decided to drive the rest of Unaka Mountain Road, a small, one lane, rocky road through the mountains!! It was beautiful and there were so many picture opportunities but we couldn't take 'em all! And before I mentioned in another blog that fall colors were muted...that is not quite the case!! Some of the reds and golds are so very bold (no rhyme intended!).
 
 








1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Love it all. Thanks for taking us Florida folks on your autumn mountain hike!

    ReplyDelete