Driving through the mountains on my way "down" to Florida, I have to pass the border of TN/NC. This border of the Unicoi Mountain range are part of the the Blue Ridge Mountain Province of the Southern Appalachian Mountain which nearly stopped us from making it to Erwin on our first "moving" trip. You see we were traveling up the mountains and that was about the highest spot in our trip and once we passed the border, it was an easy , fun coast down into the Valley Beautiful, aka Erwin. I could make all kinds of applications here about how we overcame some hurdles coming to TN, how we overcame the loss of a job for about 6 months, or how we managed to leave all we knew and were familiar with for some unknown town. But this is not what this blog is about! So it was these beautiful mountains that I was traveling through on my way to my childhood home. I have to add that I was driving just after sunrise so it was quite distracting to see such beauty.
As I was driving, I realized that these mountains are said to have been some of the highest mountains vast years ago (yet, another blog fighting creation versus the big bang or whatever trend is in schools!). I also could not believe that these are mountains that are thousands of years old and more and still this beautiful! Imagine how beautiful thing were before pollution and power lines erupted! Imagine how beautiful before there were so many over sized stores, houses, trash littered everywhere! I thought if God can make such beautiful mountains that are already very old and warped and still catch my breath, how beautiful might be Heaven?!
If it were only for the pleasure of my eyes, for the beauty of this earth, I long for Heaven.
Yet with my experience of God, His saving grace, Him upholding me through a time when I didn't know when my next meal might come, when I thought maybe we will become homeless with good reason and not just an excuse, His overwhelming power that is greater then mine so there was no need to worry, just a small amount of experience, I long to be in Heaven with Him and to worship Him. Not the beauty He has created. Not even so I can continue loving the people who have died or will die. Just God. I surrender. Thank you He is mighty to save.



No comments:
Post a Comment