blog background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

News, News, Good News...and old!!

Well, I feel like this summer has slipped away! I guess with all the greasy sunscreen in between my fingertips, I have been unable to hold on to these dog days of summer. We have been B.U.S.Y!

Lets see...the beginning of June kicked off with VBS!! Inside out and Upside down on Main Street was our theme...so I went inside out decorating the building and Andy went upside down getting prepared for each day. We had a good turn out of 15-18 kids, including a couple new families we were very excited about meeting!

Then about two weeks later, our church voted on a new minister, who will be joining us mid-August! We are very excited about this new family!! He is married to a beautiful lady with two adorable kids, a son and daughter. And while many of you know Andy applied for the ministry position, we feel this was God's will and are at complete peace. I mean, after you meet the new family, you would want them to come too! As for me, it was nice just knowing! I hate being in limbo!!

Then a few weeks later (or less!) we went to the North American Christian Convention, in Oh-HI-Oh. Yes, we sang that song each time we drove over the Ohio river. ;-) We first stopped by Andy's aunts/uncles homes for about 3-4 days of true summer fun. We played in the pool most days, swung on a tree swing, and celebrated the fourth of July in wonderful manner...fireworks included! Our time was short but sweet and the kids still ask about going back to Oh-HI-OH. Then we headed over to Cincinnati for the NACC where we heard wonderful speakers, enjoyed yummy food (including a place called "Just Crepes!"), and had an overall good time celebrating God with thousand's of other Christian men and women!

I think that about catches us up...oh, we also found out that our home down in FL is under contract!!! We had a Realtor who helped us immensely (back when we had no income!!) fix up the house before we left and who kept it up and found us two renters back to back. He handed over the Realty to a friend and put in his bid for the house. We have been trying first to sell the house, then to go through a short sale all to avoid foreclosure. Well, the bank seems to have accepted the offer and so long as things go smoothly, we should be able to get out from under the weight of it!


Oh, yea, and We're having a b...b...b...baby.

Can't just leave it at that.... ;-)

I thought I might be pregnant in June, but took a test that came back negative. This month, I have been really feeling tired and less than normal at night (not morning sickness!!) so took another test. It was positive!! So had to tag along to Noah's (WIC) doctor to confirm that yes, the test was positive. ;-) I go to my actual OB on Monday to find out more, but they are guessing I'm 11 weeks pregnant and the baby will be due in February or March at the latest!! We are very excited about having another baby and have been somewhat planning on more for a few months. It took me about 3 years to trust that God has better plans for me than I might have for myself.

Well, the kids are up now (it's almost 9am!!) after sleeping in from our late night of swimming. Time for breakfast! But first Hannah wants me to let everyone know that she has lost her 3rd tooth!! She is so proud of loosing her teeth! Well, goodbye for now. I'll try to get back on after we get back...going to a homeschool convention this weekend. Oh, that's another thing, Hannah is officially "unregistered" as a Kindergarten with the public school and has already started some of her home school work!! She is very excited about this! That's all for now.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! On so many things to be thankful for. Congrats on the house, the baby and LIFE!!! I am so beyond thrilled for you all. I can wait to see you. Love you friend! Keri

    ReplyDelete