blog background

Monday, April 4, 2011

High Tea & Birthday Wishes




For Hannah's fifth birthday, we asked if she wanted a big party with lots of friends or a small party with just one. She chose to have a small party....so as I thought of what we could do but I came up blank. Then came the idea of letting her dress up for a fancy tea party! I mean, every princess needs to have high tea with the queen!



And every young lad super hero needs to bug accompany his sister to make sure the tea is safe...


...and of course to have fun with Buzz and Woody!!


So on Saturday, we chose to have a small tea party with her friend Claire, and then cupcakes with "church grandparents" and a few friends.


The tea party before disaster strikes the girls arrive for their private party:


And we had balloons hanging waiting to be released as soon as they walked in:






Before Hannah's birthday, a few friends and I were at a consignment and found a new, big girl bike!! I debated over buying it since she just got a new bike last birthday. I knew she would soon outgrow her princess bike, I just didn't realize how tall she grew over the winter. So when we pulled out our bikes this spring, we realized that she would indeed need the new bike!! So anyway, my friend ended buying the bike that I debated over and her husband fixed it up like new!!


Hannah was quite excited!!


Then on her birthday, we dined with our "mountain family" (Nana (my mom) & Pops, Gramie Jo & Papaw, and Aunt Gail & Uncle Leon) and had lunch of Hannah's choosing: potato soup, grilled cheese and broccoli! We enjoyed lunch and chocolate chip pound cake (recipe coming soon to La Frazier Cafe). Then Hannah sat down to open her presents:

Her new Sunday Hat
(and dress up hat, I'm sure!)

Hannah received a new quilt that actually fits her bed (the other was for a twin) and since her room was painted in time for her birthday (a "ballet slipper" pink), she got to have a whole room make over!! Another blog to show pictures for that.




Also I'll get pictures of the sweet banner my aunt made for me Hannah once I hang it up!!


I can't believe the day has come that my precious little girl is now five!! I can remember bringing her home and having no idea what to do once we were there. I do remember sitting with her Gramie K and watching her smile. She still captures my heart when she smiles!! And she is such a grown little lady. 


I'm FIVE
I can reach more things!!
A few weeks ago, Hannah was looking at a mirror that was just a little high, and she said when she turns five she will be able to see!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment