
Well, I have been busy in my new studio (pictures to come of this said studio) and enjoying the space I have. The latest project, which will be on display Sunday morning, is a pillow case dress. These dresses are usually made from old pillow cases, given a few holes, some ribbon and strung up on some unsuspecting little girl. This one, however, was made using a new favorite piece of floral material! It's taken me a while to figure just how to sew it right and add ribbon, etc, but it is now a finished piece of work and I think Hannah loves it! I don't know the next time I will make a dress again, but may think on it and give myself a few months to get over the detail!





Another project was inspired by a magazine called: "Where Women Create" which has a ton of studios that are ridiculously expensive and some of which I can't see anyone working in and creating any projects, they are too pretty. There are a few that have inspired my own studio and one project that inspired me. Sally Jean was a featured artist and had a few pieces like my Auntiema, picture frames that have been altered. And last weekend I found a two cute frames, one said "twinkle, twinkle little star" and the other something about "princesses". They were cute by themselves, but to babyish. And you know, my kids are "big kids" now! ;-0 So I decided to jazz up the frame and it went something like this:



My final piece I'm writing about in today's publication is a trashy bookshelf I found at a yard sale for $2. It was not very pretty, but rather sturdy and wide enough for much of my supply boxes, so I paid the nice gal and brought it home.



Then I pulled out the cleaner and scrubbed it, sanded it a bit and dragged it over to my sewing table to get a face lift! And using my new, favorite fabric, gave it an up-do and here you go:



Love the dress ... love the bookshelf! Great job Kim! Love to all ... Angela
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy and I know all the work and love that went into everything. The dress is adorable. I gave up sewing clothes about 100 years ago because the patience I once had, got lost to many times over one stubborn zipper. Good job on the shelves! Of course you may have been hanging around your aunt to much adding fabric to everything. ;-)
ReplyDeletexoxo